Head of Sales
Main-Board are a privately owned search business working with a range of businesses of all shapes and sizes, typically these are often companies who are in a period of growth, but are concerned that they might not be able to identify someone with the right cultural fit and fear the damage that could be done to the company if they don’t get it right.
To that end we are working with a world leader in the design and manufacture of economisers and waste heat recovery systems. Since its inception our client has combined innovation and engineering expertise to help companies around the world reduce emissions, improve efficiency and save money.
Today from manufacturing and support sites in the UK, our client is recognised for its superlative products and collaborative approach to design and manufacture with agents and distributors in Africa, Australia, Canada, Europe, Scandinavia, the Middle East, Mexico and Vietnam.
- Our client is experiencing growth in their share of this competitive market.
- The company boosts a young, dynamic and diverse workforce.
- This role offers the successful candidate an opportunity to join the senior management team in shaping the future of the business.
Following strong growth our client wants to attract a Head of Business Development to identify new business opportunities whilst at the same time growing sales revenues through their existing global network of sales agents.
The ideal candidate is likely to have a strong engineering background, be passionate about the energy industry and have an aptitude for getting on with people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. The successful candidate is likely to possess an existing network of contacts in the industrial boiler, economiser, and biomass or waste heat recovery sectors.
- Identify new business opportunities
- Develop, strengthen and maintain networks and relationships with clients and sales agents.
- Lead our client’s efforts to generate new revenue and help the company achieve its expansion plans
- 5 – 10 years’ prior industry-related sales experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Rational thinker with drive and determination
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a strong technical sales team.
- A second language would be highly desirable.
- Willingness to travel internationally