Senior Marine Design Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Senior Marine Design Engineer to be directly involved in
delivering and managing WGP’s technical projects and where appropriate take a hands-on role in developing these projects. The Senior Design Engineer is a key member of the management team, reporting to the CTO.
- To manage WGP’s engineering activities and to successfully deliver projects and engineering support to operations.
- To ensure WGP is at the forefront of technology by promoting technical innovation
- Engineer, deliver and quality control engineering projects related to the company’s
- marine seismic assets/equipment or assigned vessels
- To manage the analysis, verification and quality control of preliminary and detail design using calculator or FEA To contribute directly to the efficient operation of projects looking at prevention of downtime, improvements in existing systems To problem solve and provide direction to the offshore crew during fault finding and fault resolution To work with manufacturers’ support teams or other subcontractors to deliver part of the engineering projects
- To develop and manage the technical budget
- To put forward innovation related to the companies equipment and operations Ability to present technical solutions to clients at peer level.
- Leader, self motivated, be goal-orientated, a team player and a good communicator
- Over 8 years experience in design and engineering of offshore oil and gas or marine related engineering projects
- Over 4 years experience in managing an engineering team or function Hold technical qualification to university level or equivalent
- Experience in implementing best practice in engineering and design processes. engineering process and fault analysis
- Extensive experience in working with CAD and FEA
- Brings to the company clear processes and ideas to improve the standards of the engineering department
- The ability to pull together and manage projects that incorporate multidiscipline systems
- Ability to develop and manage budgets
- Have worked in the seismic industry or with an offshore contractor working for oil majors
- Experience in asset management
- Experience or understanding of remote monitoring or control systems
Position is full-time office based in Warminster, candidates will be required to occasionally work abroad. Be prepared to travel globally, but work focus is currently UK and Norway
WGP Exploration Limited is a subsidiary of a growing marine geophysical services company that offers bespoke services and solutions to the global upstream oil and gas industry.