Wind Turbine Technician
Wind Turbine Technician
£30,000 - £35,000 + Company Van + Overtime
Based in North Yorkshire
Fircroft are proud to be working in partnership with an SME Maintenance, Service and Support provider to the national wide industry. With the business seeing continued expansion and growth of its service team based from West Yorkshire, this could be a real opportunity to join a brilliant business at an exciting time. The company are looking for experienced and ambitious technicians who will develop in to future leaders within the business.
This position will be a blend of both scheduled and breakdown work covering a variety of UK locations. As it stands, the business have links in to some of the biggest Turbine manufacturing organisations and boast strong routine service contracts as a result. This position offers the opportunity to be hands on from both an electrical and mechanical perspective and will be suited to someone who enjoys both aspects of the role. The organisation also have a duty to respond to any breakdowns on their contracted turbines which means a routine day can become a challenging and highly technical offering a real variety with 2 days rarely being the same. Alongside the challenge of being out in the field with your team, you will spend a small portion of your time completing paper work and administration from home, although you can expect 90% of your time to be out in the field.
On a daily basis you will be expected to:
* Carry out simple repairs of turbines; troubleshooting and fault-finding.
* Carry out complex repairs in collaboration with Lead Technicians.
* Carry out planned maintenance-/inspection activities
* Fill in reports and checklists in order to completely inform Local Operation Manager.
* Carry out repair or exchange of main components.
* Check and maintain inventory of spare parts stock and be responsible for material on site.
* Be responsible for material, tools and company property.
* Carry out tasks in accordance with Nordex manuals and regulations.
* Keep all H&S related instructions and guidelines.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Mid-level Electrical and/or mechanical education.
* Hydraulic, electrical, or mechanical engineering experience
* Good English language skills (read, write and speak fluently)
* Teamwork, collaboration and willingness to take over responsibility
* Ability to solve problems
* Think strategically and analytically
* Willing to travel on regular basis, including nights away from home.
* Flexible in working time and area
* Computer literate, able to use MS Office, SAP and in house database and workload management systems
* Able to work in high altitude
For the role we are looking for individuals who are able to bring a reasonable degree of flexibility to their working week. The company's core hours are 41 per week but it's possible that if something goes wrong with a wind turbine that you need to stay and work overtime to solve the problem. The company so offer over time during the week and at weekends when possible which is paid at a competitive rate.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.