SAP - Senior Authorised Person 132kV
The Offshore HV Safety Engineer will be responsible for preparing the Offshore HV network to be taken under Safety Rules, whilst coordinating a small team of SAP`s to undertake the day to day tasks. They will also manage and coordinate ``Safety from the System`` on the Offshore High Voltage 132kV. Whilst also managing safety, the role will require close working relationships across internal departments and external suppliers.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Fulfill the role as a Safety Controller/Coordinator under the clients Safety Rules in a lead capacity
- Taking responsibility in ensuring Safety from the System is achieved, prior to all work commencing.
- Arrange necessary Safety Permits for work on the Offshore Substation/Cable/WTG plant & apparatus and coordinate cross boundary activities with the Turbine Suppliers representatives.
- Act as Control Person when required.
- Assess each job on a task by task basis; identifying all necessary precautions.
- Supervise Contractors and ensure use of correct PPE, equipment and working practices.
- Prepare/review Method Statements and Risk Assessments for work on site.
- Manage and coordinate the necessary documentation control procedures associated with the Safety Rules; ensuring known status at all times.
- Be flexible enough to undertake small packages of work when within individuals skill set.
- Witness and sign off installation and commissioning activities to an agreed Quality Inspection Plan when required.
- Write Commissioning Switching Programmes for the energisation of HV equipment.
- Plan and manage the work load for a small team of SAP`s Offshore.
- Develop local approved procedures.
- Report all `near-miss` incidents.
- Participate in 24/7 call-out rota during transitional phase of commissioning.
- Deputise for Onshore HV Safety Engineer as and when required.
- Interface with Offshore Construction Management Team.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status within a Utility, Regional Electricity Company or Offshore Wind Farm to 132kV.
- Electrically biased background, with knowledge of HV Equipment (including Control and Protection.)
- Fluent written and verbal English with good communication skills.
- Good standard of IT literacy (word, excel, Outlook etc.)
- All tickets required to work offshore-GWO Approved.