Our client is a world-class downstream technology leader, they are a global technology licensing business that combines leading proprietary process technologies and offers a market-leading portfolio of technologies, proprietary or through alliances in Refining, Syngas, Petrochemicals, Polymers and Gas Monetization
They are now recrutiing for a Project Engineer who will work closely with the Project Manager, responsible for ensuring that the project is carried out in accordance with the plans and procedures issued and approved for the project.
Coordinates the design and requisitioning of the portion of work assigned (per several disciplines or project areas and/or facility unit) in accordance with the companies QHSES corporate policies, contractual commitments (design data, codes, classes etc.), schedule and budget.
Must have a comprehensive knowledge of the contract to understand the associated risks and to ensure a proper execution of his/her responsibilities. This requires a thorough analysis of the contract articles and a frequent reference to the same throughout the project execution (especially risk management).
- Is responsible for ensuring that Technology, Design Engineering & Process Engineering executes the Project work scope to meet project requirements.
- Reports on a functional basis to the Engineering Manager (EM) and on a daily, project specific basis to the Project Manager (PM). Interfaces with the client representatives on the project as directed by the PM.
- Works with the functional managers and the assigned discipline representatives to implement standard work processes, procedures and automation tools on projects consistent with the strategic direction established by the functional managers.
- Works with the functional managers and the Lead Discipline Engineers (LDE) to resource the project appropriately and works with Project Controls to plan throughout the project.
- Identifies project-specific Engineering training needs and assures that the required training is accomplished through coordination with functional managers.
- Develops the Project Engineering Plan and gains buy-in from functional managers prior to approval. The reviews and obtains approval of the EM & PM prior to commencement of project engineering work.
- Directs the LDEs (possibly in multi-office locations) in project execution goals and mandates and facilitates inter-discipline needs and requirements.
- Ensures quality and governance requirements are included in the schedule and conducted as required.
- Ensures a clear and consistent understanding of the technical scope requirements within the project team, leading to a fully integrated and consolidated design solution.
- On weekly basis reviews the scheduled tasks and determines any problems or obstructions to progress and meets with the LDE’s to facilitate solutions to such issues. In the event of alternative execution paths determines and agrees the optimum solution.
- Provides project direction to Design Engineering & Process Engineering LDEs and is responsible for managing development, maintenance, and distribution of engineering budget manhours and schedules on projects and the accurate reporting of such.
- Ensures implementation of the engineering performance measurement system consistent with strategic direction using approved engineering cost codes, earned value steps, and percentages.
- Ensures timely processing and disposition of budget and schedule change requests and revisions to approved budget manhours.
- Coordinates between Project Design Team and Project Controls to assure timely delivery of project management tools and deliverables such as schedules and progress measurement.
- Coordinates Project Design Team involvement in Procurement and Construction activities including technical bid evaluations, requisition packages, vendor document reviews, tests/inspections, sub-contracts and disposition of nonconformities.
- Coordinates with the Document Control team concerning procedures and systems required for a project.
- Attends the monthly Project Management Review meeting with relevant Project Manager when required.
- Coordinates the development of best practices or improvement ideas as part of project execution and close-out activities.
Typical background and experience required:
- Engineering degree with minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in a process engineering and/or plant design work environment
- Additionally 3 to 5 years of experience in project engineering or project management
- Professional English.
Nice to have:
- APM or similar qualifications
- Experience in Petrochem Industry