Reporting to the Manager, Operations & Engineering, the Crossing Specialist is accountable for supporting Sun-Canadians’ strategic approach to managing external stakeholder relations that support pipeline operations. Primary areas of accountability include preparing crossings agreements and managing landowner relationships.
- Manage crossing requests and administer crossing applications, including
- Review of applicants’ drawings
- Coordination of technical expertise
- Written response to applicant
- Coordination of site requirements
- Ensure prompt response to stakeholder inquires
- Support stakeholder and public relations with a continued focus on damage prevention (CSA Z247)
- Support permitting process to gain access required for pipeline work and resulting compensation calculations
- Support negotiation of new easements and property leases
- Maintain an accurate database of company easements, property and right-of-way information
- Support Incident Command System (ICS) organization for emergency response
- Represent Sun-Canadian in public forums and industry committees dealing with operational issues of pipelines
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of work experience with the oil and gas or utilities industry
- Post-secondary education
- Land Agent experience would be an asset
Skills and Knowledge:
- Extensive knowledge in stakeholder relations
- Highly developed sense of discretion and judgement in dealing with sensitive issues
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Understanding of risk-based management system principles
- Basic understanding of Incident Command System for emergency response would be an asset
- Drivers’ license in good standing
- Small office environment combined with remote work from home
- Hours of work are a regular 40 hour work week, Monday to Friday
- Occasional travel within Ontario required
- Provide 24/7 emergency response support
NOTE: Technology will be used to conduct virtual interviews in order that we adhere to physical distancing recommendations. We are also set up for remote orientation and onboarding.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank you for your interest in Sun-Canadian Pipe Line. Due to the volume of applications received, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.