SENIOR ELECTROMECHANICAL & HVAC ENGINEER
Are you a passionate of building services construction projects in the fields of Heating Ventilation Air-Conditioning and Electro-Mechanical? Would you be excited to work on a multi-billion euro development project? Do you want a challenge?
The Site, Buildings and Power Supplies Unit (SBPS) unit will play a key role in the sourcing of F4E’s contribution to the largest nuclear fusion reactor in the world.
Analytical, Communicative, organised and resourcefulness are key traits of the successful candidate.
Several hundred suppliers are currently under contract, designing and manufacturing complex first-of-a-kind components, with an annual expenditure of the order of €7-800M per year. E.g. The maintenance of a consistently high quality standard throughout the supply chain is of the greatest importance to F4E both from a nuclear safety regulatory perspective and more generally, to ensure that there is a high confidence that the delivered systems will perform as required.
As a member of the SBPS Unit in the ITER Programme Department, the Senior Electromechanical & HVAC Engineer will report to the Programme Manager of the SBPS Unit and/or his Deputy.
He/she will be responsible for the implementation, follow-up, and supervision of Design and/or Construction of the ITER buildings, in his scope of responsibility, in accordance with the applicable requirements set-up by the ITER Organization and the construction and coordination rules implemented by Fusion for Energy jointly with its Architect Engineer and Health and Safety Protection Coordinator
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will, among other tasks:
- Manage the activities related to design and construction of nuclear HVAC, piping and electro-mechanical equipment for the project, across all procurement packages;
- Manage design, nuclear qualification and construction coordination. Control issues proactively, in particular by making the daily liaison between the design and the construction teams, in order to ensure swift implementation of the construction changes without impacting schedule;
- Provide his/her expertise on the progress of works by tracking activities against the plan, providing regular and accurate reports on quality and potential improvements;
- Manage the preparation of the technical specifications for the procurement of components for the ITER project in the area of his/her responsibility and conduct negotiations with the ITER organization when needed to optimize technical specifications;
- Manage technical evaluations of tenders and lead negotiations with potential suppliers in view of concluding contracts to implement Design and/or Construction activities;
- Work with the commercial management officers / the commercial manager and the legal officers, for anticipating, preparing and gathering data in order to draft technical elements to manage contractor’s claims cost assessments in the best interest of F4E;
- Provide input for the development of budget, cost estimate and schedules in his area of responsibilities;
- Define the quality assurance and control requirements for design, nuclear qualification and construction that have to be met in accordance with the arrangements established with the ITER Organization, and in line with the requirements (INB order) from the French Nuclear Safety Authority;
- Summarize complex technical topics for reporting purpose and propose and/or implement solutions for technical problems;
- Ensure proper implementation, in close relation with the ITER Organization, the F4E Architect Engineer, and the Health and Safety Protection Coordinator, of the works supervision rules, ensuring the definition of the appropriate level of control depending on the nuclear and quality class of the works;
- Manage external resources from the F4E Support Contracts (Architect Engineer, Support to the Owner) in order to achieve the objectives described above.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
Life in Cadarache
Cadarache is the site of the largest technological research and development center for energy in Europe including CEA research activities and ITER. Located in the French region of Provence, Cadarache is about 40 km from Aix-en-Provence and 60 km from Marseille.
The South of France is blessed with a very privileged living environment and a mild and sunny climate. Cadarache is located between the Southern Alps and the Mediterranean and offers every conceivable sporting, leisure and cultural opportunity.
Salary and benefits
As an indication, the basic monthly salary, for grade AD8 (step 1) is currently €7,072.70. In addition to the basic salary, staff members may be entitled to various allowances, in particular a household allowance, expatriation allowance (16% of basic salary and household allowance), dependent child allowance and education allowance.
The salaries of temporary agents are subject to a community tax deducted at source and are exempt from national taxation.
Where the successful candidate needs to relocate, F4E would normally reimburse removal expenses.
F4E has agreements with local international schools to support access to schooling for the children of F4E staff.
For further information on remuneration, please visit the dedicated page on F4E’s website.
F4E makes every effort to develop the competences of its staff in order to actively and significantly contribute to the achievement of its goals as well as to enhance their career prospects.
F4E enables staff members to reconcile family and professional life by offering flexible work arrangements and teleworking.
F4E staff members enjoy a basic entitlement of 24 days of annual leave as well as +/- 19 statutory public holidays per annum. Additional leave days may be granted for age and distance from the place of origin. Special leave is granted for certain circumstances such as marriage, birth or adoption of a child, death of a close relative etc.