Chemical Project Engineer - Pasadena, TX
Pasadena, TX 77507
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Chemical Project Engineer supporting Manufacturing Chemicals for Chemical Industrial Services at our facility in Pasadena, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
Member of the Bayport Engineering Team located in Pasadena, Texas (Houston Area) reporting to the Maintenance, Reliability, & Engineering Manager and has accountability along with the other members of the Engineering Team for capital projects from scoping through commissioning.
The Project Engineer will work with plant resources to fully scope, purchase, and install new equipment and processes that are vital to the long-term success of the plant.
- Will lead small and large projects locally with minimal supervision.
- Will mentor other site engineers and assist with other projects as needed.
- Responsible for the definition of the scope of work and for the direction, control, and utilization of outside and inside support personnel.
- Plans and conducts research and development of standard engineering assignments. Assignments can be a significant portion of a larger project.
- Develops and implements new production methods.
- Recommends and implements improvements in the production process.
- Oversees the design, selection, installation and optimization of manufacturing process equipment, machine tools, controls and systems.
- Selects engineering techniques to solve problems and makes sound recommendations. Assesses results for applicability, validity and conformance to specifications.
- Usually works with minimum supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters.
- Is accountable for resource requirements, and the establishment and delivery of project schedules, and the safe delivery of results on time and within budget.
- Will manage contractors as well as other engineers on each project.
- Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity. Assignments are reviewed for overall soundness and adherence to stated objectives.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree or Higher in Chemical Engineering.
- 6 years of experience in the Chemical, Petrochemical, or other related industries.
- 3 years of Project Engineering experience
- Demonstrated construction management and leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of ASME, API, ANSI, ASTM and AWS standards.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of appropriate OSHA Process Safety Management Elements.
- Thorough understanding of chemical manufacturing equipment.
- Experience in leading multi-functional teams.
- Demonstrates values of Integrity, Teamwork, Performance, Learning, and Courage.
- Batch Chemical Maintenance experience preferred.
- Experience leading in a union environment preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in FEED/FEL Engineering practices.
- Knowledge of SAP and/or MAXIMO maintenance management systems desired.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Must be able to work outside in inclement weather.
- Minimal travel required.
- Competitive benefit package
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.