SR Directional Driller - Minot, ND
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a SR Directional Driller (DD) in Minot, ND. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Under minimal supervision, provide direct instruction and supervision to junior Field Engineers on day-to-day wellsite work and activities.
- Provide advice and direction to external customer and third-party wellsite colleagues as appropriate.
- Provide resolution to a diverse scope and range of complex problems at the wellsite where analysis of data requires having a broad knowledge of the product line tool(s) and service(s).
- Act as a project leader and mentor junior Field Engineers.
- Maintain frequent intra-organizational and external customer contacts with a high degree of professionalism.
- Execute other related duties as assigned.
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- Two year Technical Degree.
- 3 years of Directional Drilling (DD) experience.
- Intermediate computer skills for tracking and documentation.
- Knowledge of basic algebraic applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the skill profile required for the delivery of Directional Systems services at the well site.
- Ability to work in challenging Directional Systems environments and to provide complex solutions to the customer.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and excellent customer awareness.
- Ability to relate to wellsite personnel at all levels, be a strong team member, and demonstrate leadership capability.
- Experience functioning as a Lead Hand or Supervisor.
- Experience drilling in the Northeastern part of the United States.
- Must be able to be on call 24/7 in all weather conditions and work without neither guaranteed days off nor a structured schedule.
- Projected 100% travel and able to live at wellsites for extended periods of time.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions.
- Must have a valid driver's license and able to pass drug screenings and background checks as per company standards.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.