Legal Secretary- Houston, TX
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Legal Secretary in Houston, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
Administrative assistant supporting managing counsel global real estate. The position involves traditional legal secretarial duties, some light paralegal activities and administrative support for the legal department real estate group.
- Administrative support for two real estate attorneys to include:
- Typing formal contracts, correspondence and other documents
- Preparing lease extensions and other simple legal documents from forms
- Filing and managing file system in accordance with records retention system, including binders for leases and transactions and follow up with title and survey companies for closing documents
- Payment of bills in SAP
- Handing document execution and sending out documents by DHL/Fed Ex, generally and for real estate closings
- Internal document distribution
- Entering matters in and updating WorkSpace database
- Preparing monthly reporting on workflow and outside counsel fees
- Taking phone messages, managing calendar
- Expense reports
- Travel reservations
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 7 years' experience as a legal secretary or administrative assistant
- Conscientious worker with attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Word and working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and other MS-Office products
- Work with minimal supervision
- Be eligible to become a notary public
- Experience with a large or mid-sized law firm preferred
- Experience in a transactional real estate practice preferred
- Highly organized and productive
- Ability to anticipate tasks in support of legal matters
Normal hours will be 8 - 5. Candidate will need to occasionally stay later to complete time sensitive projects for real estate closings.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.