LWD Field Specialist - Minot, ND
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for an LWD Field Specialist in Minot, ND. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
At Baker Hughes, this position is responsible for providing Logging While Drilling (LWD) solutions. Working under general supervision, this position is responsible for working with the Directional Drilling team and utilizing computers to perform well site surveys and monitor well sensors during the drilling process
- Providing resolution to drilling problems of moderately complex scope at the well site where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercising judgment to determine the appropriate action at the well site when performing well site surveys and monitoring well sensors.
- Recognizing the operational status of field equipment at the well site and maintaining it when appropriate.
- Provide advice and direction to external customer and third-party wellsite colleagues as appropriate.
- Provide resolution to a diverse scope and range of complex problems at the wellsite where analysis of data requires having a broad knowledge of the product line tool(s) and service(s).
- Act as a project leader and mentor junior Field Employees.
- Maintain frequent intra-organizational and external customer contacts with a high degree of professionalism.
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 4 years in either MWD or LWD Drilling
- Ability to successfully complete advanced technical training and assigned well site development programs.
- Ability to take direction and work efficiently in teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a courteous manner.
- Must have visual acuity and attention to detail, enough to monitor multiple computer screens, record logs and readouts for long periods of uninterrupted time.
- Good mechanical aptitude required.
- Intermediate knowledge of computers and software applications.
- Two year Technical Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team and communicate well with others.
- Ability to utilize a laptop computer and software applications (MS Office, proprietary software, etc,) for monitoring, reporting and communication purposes.
- Must be available for 24 hour on-call service and work 12 hour day and/or night shifts as needed.
- Ability to drive extensively to well sites in remote locations and work at well site location.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License with a clean driving record.
- Ability to perform laborious duties in various outdoor weather conditions required.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit http://www.bakerhughes.com/
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.