Payments & Deposits Accountant
- Collects (from cashiers and/or Liaison Officer) and posts all bank debit & credit advices and payment vouchers.
- Petty cash
- Payments by transfers
- Foreign payments whether by transfer, cash against documents or letter of credit
- Other debits to bank accounts such as commissions, interest, returned cheques, etc...
- Daily collection batch control. Receives the daily collection batches from the two collection points (Head Office & Akaki Depot), check them against bank deposit slips and company receipts, and submits a formal daily reconciliation and anomaly report and Monthly summary to the Chief Accountant.
- Allocates and prepares analysis and reconciliation of accounts under his/her responsibility
- Prepares monthly withholding tax declaration and payment and exceptional declaration as necessary
- Posts various bank and cash related adjustments & correcting entries when instructed by chief Accountant
- Performs other tasks as instructed by Supervisors.
- BA in Accounting
- Minimum of two years of direct relevant experience in the field
- Analytical skills, Ability to handle numerical data
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Ability to interact efficiently with other departments
- Very good communication skill (oral & written)
- Good knowledge of SAP systems and Excel