Thru Tubing/Fishing Field Specialist - Odessa, TX
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
US Land Completions product line includes completion; intelligent production and intervention solutions that help manage cost and reduce risk while maximizing recovery. The product line provides a comprehensive line of completion systems, which maximize performance and safety from the reservoir to the surface. Production optimization services include permanent monitoring, chemical automation, and intelligent production systems. Wellbore intervention solutions address issues ranging from temporary well abandonment and fishing to casing exits, wellbore cleaning, and isolation, remediation and stimulation operations.
As part of the Baker Oil Tools division of Baker Hughes, Inc, the Thru-Tubing/Fishing Field Specialist can get called at any time of the day or night and be required to immediately report to a job site. These highly sought after oil field professionals are problem solvers on the rig site. Once called in, the Field Specialist will report to the district shop in Odessa to receive the job details and then review and confirm the necessary tools and equipment required to satisfy the project. The tools and equipment will be sent with the fishing specialist or directly to the rig site for use and operation. The specialist will drive to the rig site and meet the company representative to determine and review the specifics of the required job and then begin to run the fishing tools as specified in the work order.
This Fishing & Thru-Tubing Field Specialist will coordinate the work performed by the rig crews to complete the required well intervention. Jobs can take many weeks/months to complete depending on the project. The Fishing & Thru-Tubing Tool Specialist will stay on location until all of the work has been completed. The work day is generally 12 to 16 hours long, performing and coordinating work at the rig site in various, sometimes harsh weather conditions
- Under minimal supervision runs multiple applications of medium to high risk in the Wellbore Intervention Product Group
- Continues to expand and apply application knowledge and expertise to include applications of increasing complexity and/or risk in Wellbore Intervention and/or other product groups
- Ensures supplied equipment is compatible with all other equipment used for job
- Provides front-line support with customer and accurately completes all paperwork prior to or upon completion of job
- Uses experience and knowledge of applications to ensure products and services are of highest quality
- May conduct on-the-job training for some Wellbore Intervention applications as required
- Handles special projects as assigned
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values
- 3-5 Years' experience as a Service Rig Operator or Coil Tubing Supervisor
- Competent in running multiple medium to high risk applications in the Wellbore Intervention Product Group required
- Competent in running low to medium risk applications in other product groups required
- Thorough knowledge of drilling and completion techniques and drilling/work over rig operations required
- Thorough mechanical and application proficiency with Wellbore Intervention products in at least one product line required
- Ability to work efficiently in teams required
- Ability to communicate effectively in a courteous manner required
- Ability to perform duties in various outdoor weather conditions required
- Ability to be on 24 hour on call with not fixed rotation
- Supervisory skills and experience
- HS diploma or equivalent required
- Experience in the running of down hole Fishing and Intervention tools.
- Two year Technical Degree preferred.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 58,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in Geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit http://www.bakerhughes.com/
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.