Risk Manager - Birmingham (Major Programmes)
CH2M is a global leader in consulting, design and programme management. We love to tackle complex challenges, and we know that our best solutions come out of close, trusted partnerships with our clients and the communities we touch.
Be a part of something Special: Every professional aspires to be part of something special, to innovate and to change the world for the better; leaving their ideas and visions imprinted in the landscape for future generations to wonder 'how' as they marvel at the scale & complexity in front of them.
Here at CH2M we are fortunate to work towards this every day, enhancing the lives of the communities around us and greatly improving infrastructure for business and the economy to compete and thrive.
Our Birmingham team have exciting opportunities across our portfolio including; High Speed 2, Programme Delivery Partner for Highways England, SMART/Major Motorways, Network Rail, Local Authority frameworks, Flood/Environmental frameworks and Major Ground Investigations.
- Manage project risk through the facilitation of risk workshops at all levels from Strategic Level to Function/task level.
- Maintenance of proprietary risk databases, updating records to ensure quality & accuracy of data
- Support continuous improvement of risk management activities within the project team, through identifying and recommending improvements for implementing.
- Ensure that all project team members comply with the Risk and Change Management Strategy, Plans and Procedures and other risk specific requirements for their assigned scope of work
- Comply with risk management plans and procedures, to maintain standards.
- Carry out Risk Mitigation Planning and Control activities, to support project controls
- Conduct reviews & report on risk as per plans to support project controls
- Evaluate Cost and Schedule Uncertainty to determine risk.
At CH2M, we are constantly striving to further enhance our team resources. We are therefore interested in experienced engineering, environmental & other project professionals, offering significant career prospects, competitive packages, benefits & share options. The opportunity is there to work alongside talented colleagues and collaborative senior management. We continually look to further enhance CH2Mers capability through diverse and challenging work as well as training, development plans & mentorships.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Demonstrated experience of delivering high standard risk management function on major infrastructure programmes within construction or engineering industry
- Experience in delivery and communication of risk management processes and procedures
- Experience in using ARM, @Risk, Oracle Risk Analysis risk management tools
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We're full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner 'Engineers without Borders', 'Water for People' and 'Bridges to Prosperity'. We're STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women's engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Please note that for this role we are only considering applications from candidates with valid working rights for the UK who are willing to accept local employment contract conditions. CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position or offer expatriate employment terms.
For further information please contact: Louise.Symons@ch2m.com
Job Location CH2M, BirminghamBirmingham, GB
View on Google maps