The Software Engineer - ServiceNow will be responsible for Analyzing and development of business specific modules in ServiceNow platform. The software Engineer will work with Business Analyst and Software architects to identify solutions to business use case and implement those solutions in ServiceNow.
- Responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development methods and infrastructure.
- Responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business
- Collaborate with Business Analyst, Software Architects, Engineering Managers and Module owners to implement solutions that are aligned with shared platforms and solutions.
- Develop new solutions by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean / Agile, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality aligned with GE standards and guidelines
- ServiceNow platform Development experience : ServiceNow Adapter, Glide scripts, Transform maps, Service Management, Service catalog, Content management, Integrations (webservice & ETL)
- Business Rule, Client scripts, ServiceNow UI policies, ServiceNow security policies
- Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using language of choice
- Experience in Engineering, Service Management, Discovery, Development, SDLC
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Previous experience with Cloud Foundry/PaaS / SAAS
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix environment.
- Strong analytical skills - strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve.
- Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed.
- Highly self-motivated, able to work independently
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator, ITIL Certification or other relevant certifications is a plus
- Fluency in English