Lead Analyst IT- Data Center Operations
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Manages activities relating to planning, designing, building, and maintaining high quality solutions, products and processes. Creates and assigns detailed tasks to subordinates. Has budget responsibility for a small project, sub-project or process component.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Allocate space, cooling, power and data cabling for all new IT equipment in datacenters and inspect installation to ensure standards are maintained.
- Oversee and schedule maintenance on all datacenter infrastructure (UPSs, Generators, CRACs).
- Maintain oversight of physical access to datacenter rooms.
- Oversight of vendors performing work in datacenters (electricians, cable installers, building contractors, HVAC technicians).
- Ability to install cabling to datacenter rack components( servers, network devices, SAN devices)
- Oversight of assigned datacenter projects.
- Work effectively with clients inside and outside of Information Technology.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is preferred and 5-8 years relevant experience.
- Experience/familiarity with UPS, emergency generator power systems, and HVAC systems.
- Project management skills
- Strong knowledge of business practices and processes
- Strong problem solving and analysis ability
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster