Software Developer (Kdb/C/C#)
- Involved in the technical design, the development and the delivery of various software projects as assigned from the project portfolio for the Trading activity of the Gaz division
- Late delivery and applications failure have significant Business impacts (financial and regulatory)
- Involved in the overall projects lifecycle of sotware used throughout the business perimeter (London, Houston, Singapore) and affecting all business functions
- Based on business/functional requirements/specifications propose workable, scalable and sustainable technical designs for the software application to be developed
- Design and build applications according to agreed specifications and designs following coding standards, architectural design approaches and technology choices in place
- Develop such systems to the highest standards, following best practices and technology choices as defined within TGP
- Design testing strategies to ensure software quality
- Coordinate with relevant users, Business Analysts and Business Application team the required user acceptance for validation of development
- Provide required documentation and assistance for the Live implementation and handover support to Business Application team, following the defined processes in place
- Ensure ongoing maintenance and evolution of applications under the responsibility of the Development team including 3 rd line support in case of failure and required changes in a timely manner
- Propose new approaches, technologies and concepts for review to improve development capabilities or team performance
- Be in frequent communication with the stakeholders of the projects to ensure the work is consistent with business expectations and the trading software roadmap.
- To provide accurate and timely reporting on project progress as required by the project manager
- Degree educated in science/IT or equivalent with 3+ years of experience in software development
- Fluent in English, French beneficial.
- Exposure to real-time capture of market data feeds.
- Knowledge of financial software and trading concepts ideally including physical and financial commodities (energy based), pricing strategies for commodities derivatives, forward price curves and trading positions.
- High level of creativity, innovation, good communication skills, adaptability, flexibility in working within a team and able to work under pressure when needed.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a willingness to share technical knowledge with colleagues.
- Essential Technical skills
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years experience in coding in the 'Q' language for Kdb+ and in the design and administration of Kx databases.
- Intermediate to expert level knowledge of Unix operating systems particularly RHEL to v6.6 including fluency with Shellscript
- Experienced in software design and development best practices
- Experienced with Subversion SCC and the RPM Packaging System
- Highly Desirable Technical skills
- Knowledge of the C# language within .NET would be desirable
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Excel, it's API and programming environment including development of .NET based Visual Studio Tools for Office based customisations and Add-Ins for Excel would be beneficial
- Knowledge of other MS Development Technologies such as WPF, WCF and other Database systems such as Oracle