Machinist/Machine Operator (Completions & Welbore Intervention) – Houston TX
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Machinist in our Houston, TX facility . As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
- Sets-up and operates special purpose equipment, conventional (Unisig Deep Hole Drilling), and/or numerical control (NC) controls for fabrication of metallic and nonmetallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards required within the organization.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required.
- Must be able to select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, drill-heads, counter-bore heads, bushings and bushing tolerances.
- Must demonstrate an intermediate to expert skill level (indicate part, and qualify ID)
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5 years of CNC machining experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD & T).
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision in a team environment, and to be self-motivated.
- Experience machining oilfield equipment is preferred.
- Deep hole boring experience
- The successful candidate will be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Candidate must be willing to be assigned to any of three possible shifts
- No relocation assistance is offered for this position, only local candidates are being considered.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.