Electrical Reliability Engineer
Electrical Reliability Engineer - m/f
Full Time Regular (local)
About this job
Baker Hughes Incorporated has a job opening for an Electrical Reliability Engineer in Celle, Germany.
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
The Drilling Services group is looking for Electrical Engineer to join our Central Reliability Assurance team. This will be a unique opportunity to join a cross discipline team working with state of the art technologies in the energy development industry.
This hands on position involves full exposure to development, testing, deployment, and analysis of new components and complete systems for harsh environment operations. The opportunity affords career growth and mentoring through a well-established training and development program. Our positions offer choices ensuring stability, flexibility, and mobility-both career and geographic.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
- Perform failure investigation and root cause analysis for downhole drilling and evaluation tools. Write reports to summarize results and communicate lessons learned.
- Evaluate system and component performance in their application. Monitor for trends and initiate actions accordingly in order to improve reliability, durability and cost.
- Optimize design concepts to meet performance/reliability requirements and cost targets utilizing advanced simulation tools for functional as well as survivability evaluation.
- Contribute to development of test plans and collaborate on execution of tests at a system level or component level. Complete documentation and change management processes for product enhancements.
- Collaborate with engineering department in design reviews and bench mark studies.
- Present failure analysis results in the technology development process.
- As a subject matter expert communication with maintenance locations worldwide.
- Travel to major maintenance facilities supporting failure analysis and introduction of new services.
- Above-average university degree (FH, University, TU).
- Experience in analogue and digital circuits and systems.
- Knowledge of the technology of electronic components and sensors.
- Knowledge in the area of measurement and control engineering.
- Experienced in handling modern electronic laboratory equipment.
- Advanced technical skills.
- Demonstrated advanced problem solving skills with respect to Applied Electronics, Engineering Design, and Technology Development.
- Self-contained, self-motivated and structured to work within a worldwide functioning interdisciplinary team
- Good written and verbal English skills, due to working in an international diverse working environment and strong interest in working with other cultures and travel.
- Practical experience in the above mentioned area of expertise gathered during internships, thesis and/or professional experience.
- Experience in circuit simulation.
- Demonstrated strong ability to develop within a technical mentoring environment as well as to work independently.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.