Manufacturing Engineer (Drilling Services) – Oklahoma City, OK
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Full Time, Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer in Oklahoma City, OK. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
The Manufacturing Engineer role in Oklahoma City, OK supports all aspects of the manufacturing processes and related equipment in support of downhole motor component production. Successful candidates will be required to take a "hands on" approach to problem solving, have demonstrated project management skills, and a desire to learn. Candidate will work closely with production employees and Product Engineering to provide best practices for manufacturing.
- Execution of capital projects on time and within budget.
- Continuous improvement projects for manufacturing equipment
- Support the integration of Lean Manufacturing.
- Optimize the manufacturing processes to improve quality and material flow, while reducing cycle times and set-up times.
- Manage process documentation such as work instructions, routings, and engineering change management.
- Lead efforts to document process Flow Charts, FMEA's, and Control plans.
- Coordinate and communicate with other departments (Engineering, Quality, Production, Vendors, etc.)
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mechanical or MET preferred
- 3 years engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with the development and troubleshooting of manufacturing processes and equipment
- Experience with supporting new product development from the manufacturing side
- Experienced leader of cost-focused solutions to manufacturing issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean manufacturing
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess strong computer skills: SAP, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, CAD programs (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, NX), etc.
• Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, for any employer, without sponsorship.
• No relocation assistance is available for this position, only local candidates are being considered.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.