Quality Control Laboratory Technician – Drilling and Completion Fluids - Houston, TX.
Houston, TX 77049
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Quality Control Laboratory Technician - Drilling and Completion Fluids in Houston, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
To work as part of the Quality Team in conducting a routine product quality control evaluation and laboratory testing in the Drilling and Completion Fluids Product Line. Work will be under general supervision of the Quality Manager, with individual assignments and responsibilities to comply with Baker Hughes Incorporated Quality Management System (QMS).
- Perform routine laboratory tests as required on finished products and raw materials to check characteristics against specifications in order to assure quality.
- Record test results in SAP and Share Point application, create laboratory reports, certificates of analysis and necessary laboratory documentation.
- Communicate laboratory data and results to supervisor in detailed manner.
- Work independently at times and work within a team to complete projects.
- Ensure all appropriate paperwork accompanies shipments of final products.
- Calibration/verification and troubleshooting of laboratory equipment as necessary.
- Order laboratory chemicals for analysis. Preparation of standards and reagents.
- Maintain sample retention inventory.
- Provide support to maintain ISO 9001 Registration.
- Maintain retrievable and traceable system of quality documentation.
- Carry out all required responsibilities safely and as described in the standard BHI QMS.
- Perform other related duties and handles special projects as assigned. Conduct all business activities in accordance to Baker Hughes HSE polices, legal compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- High School Diploma or Associate Degree with 5 years of laboratory experience OR University Degree with 3 years of laboratory experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of Quality Control experience
- Ability to communicate well individually and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of basic chemistry and general science skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Oilfield experience
- Chemicals or Drilling Fluids
- Successful candidate will be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit http://www.bakerhughes.com/
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.