Application Operations Engineer
The Application Operations Engineer is responsible for critical systems support, application operations, development and service automations in GE's Power ServiceNow, a SAAS platform used by thousands of licensed users and customers globally
- Support and maintenance of user and customer-facing applications and related data processing platforms and services. Role ensures the applications are consistently available and are highly performant meeting customer expectations.
- Acting as a primary executor in responding to customer and user-reported application issues and incidents. Ensures incidents and problem tickets get resolved within published SLAs. Is able to prioritize competing requests/incidents across multiple supported applications and maintain focus on solving highest priority and highest business impact issues first.
- Automate, build enhancements and apply coding best practices. Apply principles of SDLC and leverage methodologies like Agile as part of software development.
- Ensure compliance with corporate architecture, security and technology standards.
- Awareness of system-wide changes and application deployments that might impact application availability for users and taking necessary steps to prepare for and prevent applications outages due to these changes.
- Solid understanding and preferably technical knowledge (1+ years) of ServiceNow
- Experience in ITIL , Service Management and Systems Development Life Cycle
- ServiceNow Scripting, Glide, Business Rule, Client scripts, ServiceNow UI policies, ServiceNow security policies is a plus
- A solid understanding of REST/SOAP/WSDL/XML (Web Services, etc.)
- Exposure to databases and integration engines, experience working in a SaaS environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate, orally and in writing, technical information to audiences
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
- Adapts to new environments and changing requirements
- Proactively learns new tools. Identifies opportunities for improvement and promotes their adoption.
- Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and has experience working with others on a global basis. Engages positively across multiple teams to establish clarity, vision and mutual trust in order to achieve a business goal.
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator, ITIL Certification or other relevant certifications is a plus
- Fluency in English