At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Communications Specialist, is responsible for planning and executing internal and external communications programs in support of the Director Communications. This person serves as a point of contact, ensuring full integration with corporate and business unit/operating company communications organizations, a well-informed workforce and an effective working relationship with local press and local communities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure effective communication of corporate goals and initiatives to employees.
- Support and participate in communications programs and initiatives.
- Produce accurate, compelling, and editorially proficient written communications.
- Oversee a variety of communication tasks to support leadership, including talking points, short presentations, and online messages.
- Develop strong working relationship with local press.
- Assist in resource-sharing duties with other Communications departments.
- Work with manager to ensure effectiveness of community relations activities and relationships with external constituencies, including the media, civic and public interest groups.
-4-year relevant degree and a minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in internal or external communications.
- Proven communications skills ' both written and interpersonal;
- Excellent writing skills and self motivation
- Energy business/industry knowledge.
- Understanding of press dynamics and organizational communications Willingness to learn and undertake new projects.
- Position reports directly to the Director Communications.
- Position activities are focused on internal and external communications and community relations in surrounding local communities, while participating in and supporting initiatives and projects developed by the business unit/operating company and corporate communications organizations for broader application
- Involves some proactive communication planning, with oversight from Director, and plan execution, project leadership and a high level of coordination with other communication and external affairs functions.
- Requires significant outreach to local press and developing strong community relationships.
- Requires ability to travel.
- Works under general supervision.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster