Software Product Owner
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Experienced field engineer with at least 5 years job experience in the area of tool communication (calibration, setup / configuration and monitoring of tools and communication system)
- Continuously work with Technology to translate business requirements and statement of requirements into design solutions (Agile Product Development)
- Responsible for defining, refining and communicating the product vision
- Support and advise Product Line and Operations should trade-offs be required. Explain the actual impact to the field and the customer
- Planning and execution of testing products and services under downhole conditions at Baker Hughes test well sites (BETA)
- Planning and execution of new product deployments at customer onshore and offshore well locations worldwide
- Documenting findings from products tests. Ensuring all pertinent performance and operational data are collected and analyzed. Providing feedback on operational aspects to engineers in Technology
- Responsible for grooming the backlog and applying prioritization that defines the order in which teams consume work
- Communicate business and customer value to the team in a manner that sparks innovative thought
- Work closely with Agile team members, particularly the Agile Business Analyst, and is the final arbiter of requirements conflicts and/or questions
- Works to define the acceptance criteria for user stories
- Accepts/rejects the delivered code from within each Sprint
- Responsible for making ongoing decisions to continue development down the current path
- Makes the final decision whether or not to ship product to customers
- Communicate portfolio and project updates to business stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. 5 years' experience in related field.
- Very good skills in tasks related to all operation phases which are not limited to:
- Direct tool interaction
- General monitoring of communication systems.
- Memory dump / export
- Diagnose and re-run decision
- Direct tool interaction
- Solid background and strong working knowledge across a broad range of directional drilling tools and services. Must be proficient in best operating practices for common directional drilling and LWD activities. Relevant, recent field experience is desirable
- A proven ability to recognize, analyze and solve technical issues, coupled with a process oriented working style
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable with abstract, conceptual thinking regarding to processes, workflows, and technical systems
- Fluent in written technical English and experienced with Baker Hughes drilling software packages, as well as common office software. Clear language and communication skills are paramount
- The ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Available for up to 50% of travel during commercial launch of the product/service.
- Very good knowledge in monitoring and maintaining all activities around a tool communication system.
- Good understanding of wired pipe and EM-Telemetry systems.
- Experience soliciting requirements from customers, building business cases, evaluating customer priorities and creating a release based on business value
- Project management experience in a matrixed environment
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 53,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.