Quality Specialist (Completions & Welbore Intervention) - Houston, TX
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Supplier Quality Specialist at our Navigation facility in Houston, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
Customer satisfaction is our primary objective. In order to accomplish this, the Supplier Quality Specialist must be able to interface directly with suppliers with regard to robust corrective and preventive actions, quality audits and continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will be able to analyze and interpret data in order to accomplish these objectives, and to facilitate Continuous Improvement initiatives. Additionally, the Supplier Quality Specialist must have a solid understanding of procedures, as well as Industry Standards (e.g. API, ISO, etc.) in order to meet the customer's needs and expectations.
- Complete supplier quality audits to a high standard and accurately report the results
- Act as team lead on quality review boards and/or supervisor of quality teams.
- Works closely with the Purchasing Quality Assurance (QA) teams and any other internal customers to maintain quality systems and industry standards.
- Working with suppliers on understanding customer quality plans and QRD's.
- Will assure that all products and processes meet the desired quality, safety, efficiency and reliability levels.
- Execute internal and external corrective action and preventive actions (CAPA) processes within the structured continuous process improvement.
- Generate and interpret analytical data.
- Will supervise the creation and implementation of supplier development projects.
- Participate in monthly MCAB meetings
- Conducting all your business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes Health, Safety and Environmental policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Company Core Values.
- High School Diploma or GED with 4 years of experience developing and executing customer quality plans.
- Strong SAP experience
- Previous experience interfacing directly with customers/clients
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Facilitation and presentation skills.
- Able to effectively collaborate with others
- In depth knowledge of industry standards.
- Understanding of business processes, industry standards and BHI technologies.
- Lean six sigma and root cause analysis knowledge.
- Familiar with MS Office.
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Quality Engineering background
- Previous internal/external audit experience
- Associates degree or Bachelor's degree
- API Q1 Lead Auditor certification
- Lean Six Sigma, or other Root Cause Analysis training/experience
- Develop, set-up and maintain calibration systems, quality control systems and tests
- Previous experience in presenting detailed, technical information.
- Skills in quality control and calibration, business process modeling and SAP.
- Must be authorized to work in the US, for any employer, without sponsorship.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position, only local candidates are being considered.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.