Electrical Design Engineer
Electrical Design Engineer
Package: f40,000 - f50,000 + Excellent Package
Location: Sheffield, Derby, Nottingham, Leeds, Barnsley, Rotherham or Doncaster
Timeframe: Budget approved, can accommodate a quick start
Interviews: Within 1 - 2 weeks, with instant start available depending on your availability
Recruitment Partner - Airswift
Account Manager - Danny Olufunwa
Key words and areas of experience at a glance: Utilities, Electrical Design, Gas Connections, Pipework, Multi-Utility, Meter Installation, Fuel Conversion, AutoCAD, Pipelines Water and Electricity
We are a leading energy solutions company providing technical engineering, design and project management services across the UK in all areas.
Our expertise, nationwide coverage and market leading accreditation ensures the right utilities infrastructure solution for you - whatever the nature of your business.
We operate mainly within the Gas industry, covering the design, engineering and management of connections to the UK gas market. As part of our service offer we can provide a comprehensive service including disconnections, metering and outlet pipe work.
We are currently hiring an electrical design engineer to produce electrical network designs in accordance with relevant DNO policy and specifications. To assist Multi-Utility designers in the latest version on AutoCAD.
Technical Skills required
- Good working knowledge of the latest version of AutoCAD.
- Good appreciation of the technical aspects of the Distribution Network Operators (DNO'S) business.
- A sound working knowledge of appropriate legislation (CDM, NRSWA, relevant network codes of practice, industry standards, safety and statutory regulations.
- Sound technical background supported by understanding of the electric connections industry on networks up to 11kV
- Good communication and team working skills.
- HNC qualification in Power Systems Electrical Engineering.
- Senior level position also available for this role
- Obtain and interpret Points of Connection (POC's) from relevant DNO's
- Prepare technical designs and quotations in accordance with codes of practice, legislation, and current DNO policies and procedures.
- Ensure that personal competencies are maintained and up to date.
- Prepare reports and provide support and guidance to operational teams, management and customers on designs, quotations, sales, safety and technical matters.
- Ensure that records are maintained of work activities to satisfy customers and legal requirements.
- Assist with the control of a variety of commercial projects in order that time scales and projected profits are met.
- Liaise with clients, DNO's, independent connection providers (ICP's), developers, consultants and representatives of other professional organisations as necessary.
- Guide and advise a small team of Multi-Utility Designers on current electrical policy and on AutoCAD.
- Carry out site visits where appropriate.
IF YOU HAVE THE RELEVANT EXPERIENCE APPLY NOW OR REFER ANYONE SUITABLE TO firstname.lastname@example.org