Location: Houston, TX (Energy Corridor)
Schedule: 5/40 (Monday - Friday)
Duration of Assignment: 3 Months
Scope & Job Description:
- Provides direct design and drafting support to BU to create and/or modify engineering drawings through the utilization of AutoCAD for new projects.
- Performs field work in support of new piping design and layout.
- Utilizes proficient knowledge of oil/gas field equipment including but not limited to wellheads, separators, compressors, metering, tanks, pumps, oil, water, and gas piping, fuel gas systems, valves, automation, and instrumentation to create process drawings.
- Provides drafting services including the hand sketching of location equipment & processes, and the creation and modification of P&IDs, Electrical Drawings, Site Security Drawings, Piping and Isometric Drawings.
- Utilizes various national and BU drafting standards to accurately and consistently reflect processes on engineering drawings.
- Works with members of BU in continued development and improvement of COP Standard Well Site Facility Design drawings that will be the basis for all future well facility installations.
- Actively supports the BU's MOC process through the creation, use, interpretation, and evaluation of engineering drawings.
- Utilizes SAP/DMS database to maintain engineering drawings and documents.
- Typically requires 5-7 years of experience.
- Experienced level.
- Provides more technical/functional support than administrative support.
- Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of technology, applications, terminology, and procedures required of job function.
- Performs varied and more complex tasks.
- Makes decisions within broad parameters.
- Experience and skills related to flowsheets.
- Attention to detail
- Detailed understanding of engineering drawings and piping systems
- AutoCAD experience required.