Field Operator (Artificial Lift Systems) – Minot ND
Full time regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for an Artificial Lift Field Operator in our Minot, ND location. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
- Checks in and out from warehouse and maintains the inventory carried in service truck.
- Completes all weekly time sheets and monthly expense reports, abnormal job reports and other associated paperwork.
- Under general supervision is responsible for all aspects of cable services including spooling and banding electrical power cable utilized on ESP systems in coordinated effort and procedure with installation engineer and rig operators.
- Spools cable onto cable reel as the tubing is being pulled out of the well.
- Bands cable onto tubing as the down unit and tubing are being run into the well.
- Maintains cable service truck and trailer, performs daily inspections to ensure compliance with DOT regulations.
- Assists with cable repair as needed at the cable repair service center.
- Proper completion of DOT log books, DOT inspection forms, and turn in for office records.
- Proficiently performs equipment lay downs as requested by customers and completes paperwork.
- Conducts field analysis and tests cable strings after they have come out of the well.
- Collects information during testing and inspection to provide a customer with recommendations on equipment or cable status.
- Ability to alternate methods of completing tasks if the set method is not viable and stay within HS&E guidelines.
- Must have ability to communicate with various clients and must have an ability to quickly adjust to changing job assignments/requirements and have the flexibility to work overtime with little or no advance notice.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- Must have valid Class A CDL (Commercial Driver's License) - may consider candidates who have mechanical knowledge it they are eligible to obtain CDL within 30 days
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates electrical, electronic or mechanical aptitude; basic knowledge of standardized procedures related to equipment maintenance
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Willing to be on call and work mandatory overtime as needed
- While performing this job employee may be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel throughout the day - the physical demand requirements are in excess of those for medium Work
- Artificial lift systems experience would be considered an asset
- Steady work history
- Intermediate computer skills for tracking and documentation
- Good Functional / Technical, Customer Focus, Communication, Interpersonal, and Team working Skills.
- US Land Lift Systems product line provides artificial lift systems, including electric submersible pumps (ESP) and progressive cavity pump systems, as well as specific engineering, project management and well monitoring services. Centrilift ESP systems can operate in harsh downhole environments that include high gas-to-oil ratio production, heavy oil, high temperatures and abrasive-laden fluids. New systems also address the needs of coal bed methane.
- This job requires daily travel and long unusual working hours at short notice. For this position, employees will be responsible for spooling and banding the electrical power cable utilized on ESP systems in coordinated effort and procedure with installation engineer and rig operators.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.