Maintenance Trainer I&E
About our client:
Oil Search was established in Papua New Guinea in 1929 and is the country's largest oil producer and private employer. Over 95% of its assets are in PNG, where it holds oil and gas production and exploration licences plus a 29% interest in the US$19 billion PNG LNG Project. This world class liquefied natural gas (LNG) development, which delivered its first LNG sales in May 2014, has quadrupled Oil Search's production and transformed the Company into a major LNG exporter.
About the role:
The Production Function supports Business Units to achieve the safe and reliable production of hydrocarbon and associated products; to manage Production Key Risks and enable Business Units to establish and then provide assurance that Production Wells and Facilities are designed, installed, operated and maintained to achieve safe, reliable and efficient performance over the lifecycle. The Maintenance Trainer role provides job support and training to I&E maintenance technicians so that they acquire and apply the skills necessary to safely, efficiently and effectively perform instrument and electrical maintenance and therefore contribute and add value to the production and maintenance teams.
- Deliver all aspects of mechanical maintenance assessments and training and ensure activity is compliant with the competency assurance program (CAP) and other relevant company standards.
- Collaborate with the Training Lead, Training Coordinators, Maintenance Team and others to develop training strategies, approaches, plans and materials in line with the CAP to ensure the most effective tools and applications are available to assess and train I&E maintenance technicians to the standards required.
- Prepares plans and organises a schedule of assessments and training in line the requirements of the CAP and the maintenance team.
- Promotes a value for safety and implements Company's Health, Safety and Environment and Security policies in order to maintain a safe working environment.
- Collaborates with the Training Lead, Training Coordinator and others to evaluate the assessment and training process to provide feedback in order to continually improve the CAP.
Essential selection criteria:
- Minimum 10 years' experience in Oil & Gas Operations or complex Chemical/Metallurgical Operations.
- At least 5 years in a training role (desirable).
- Cert IV Electro-Technology, or
- Cert IV Engineering (Electrical or Dual Trade)
- Cert IV Training and Assessment (desirable).
- Demonstrated operations experience.
- Experience in effective training.
This role is offered on local conditions only with the point of hire being Australia. It is essential you hold relevant working rights for Australia/NZ to be considered for this role.
To apply for this position please click the APPLY button.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and available talent pool is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organisation has is unparalleled.