Technical Projects Manager - Pipeline Inspection - Calgary, Alberta
Calgary, Alberta T2C 2S8
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Technical Projects Manager to join our Pipeline Inspections Magnetic Flux Leakage (MFL) Technology team based out of our Calgary, AB location. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
The successful candidate will be contributing and assisting in planning, executing, and managing various projects relating to the baker Hughes Pipeline Inspection MFL tools. Projects will include areas such as new sensor development and integration, project management of the design and successful implementation to market of new, next generation MFL technologies.
To manage research, new product development, sustaining engineering and special projects, for specific ILI services, to ensure delivery to specification, on schedule and within budget
- To perform system engineering for the products & projects
- To conduct engineering design reviews for new products
- System testing
- Product specification compilation & distribution
- Engagement with the PDM process including: project planning; technical lead role; design review; test planning
- To manage the resolution of all technical queries referred from PLM and/or applications (to provide feasibility, cost and schedule information)
- Generation of ideas for new patents
- Maintain new product information (technical presentations) for sales/BD and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to preparation of technical documentation (user manuals etc)
- Contribute to and present technical papers
- Contribute to reliability and NCR/RCA activities
- Handle special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, or science
- 6 years of experience in a Technical Project Management role.
- 5 years of experience in Pipeline Inspection.
- 2 years of Proven experience in a technology development role, with experience in a management position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good management skills.
- A comprehensive knowledge of pipeline inspection technology and systems is preferred
- Knowledge of Stage Gate product development processes is preferred
- Some market/commercial awareness
- The role will involve working as part of a technology group based in multiple countries. international travel may be required
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.