Drilling and Completion Fluids Scientist - Houston, TX
Houston, TX 77073
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Drilling and Completion Fluids Scientist at our Rankin Road facility in Houston, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
This Scientist will serve as a laboratory scientist in a drilling and completion fluids test lab. This Scientist will perform laboratory testing in support of drilling and completions fluids operations. Field support will include identifying and solving various problems related to drilling and completion fluid properties and maintenance. Fluid formulation and testing will be carried out to support customer proposals. Some product development work may be required.
- Perform research, testing, trouble shooting, and problem-solving in technical services environment.
- May participate in customer interface, with or without team leader.
- Assignments are outlined in terms of specific objectives.
- Assist in planning and conducting testing, design and development of drilling and completion fluid systems.
- Select scientific methods and techniques to solve problems and makes sound recommendations.
- May assist research and design teams.
- Assesses results for applicability, validity and conformance to specifications.
- Recommend appropriate methods and solutions for projects.
- Usually works with close supervision.
- Assignments are reviewed for overall soundness and adherence to stated objectives.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Scientific discipline and 6 years of laboratory, chemistry, or drilling and completion fluids experience OR Master's Degree in Scientific discipline and 3-5 years of laboratory, chemistry, or drilling and completion fluids experience.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate well individually and in team environment.
- Developed knowledge of sciences
- Chemistry or Material Science degree is preferred
- 5-10 years drilling or completion fluids laboratory experience
- Knowledge of API testing procedures for drilling and completion fluids.
- Knowledge of water-based drilling, oil-base and drill-in fluids.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.