Chemistry Technical Supervisor-Exelon Industrial Services
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for overseeing a team of chemists and chemistry technicians and the development, implementation, and execution of chemistry programs and their associated technologies. The responsibilities of this position are to develop employees in the skills associated with the development, implementation and execution of analytical chemistry programs and radiological environmental monitoring program (REMP).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Oversees the Exelon Industrial Services (EIS) chemistry team.
- Provide technical support to plant operations, maintenance staff and engineering.
- Communicates with all levels within the organization and works with management to implement new programs for the fleet.
- Automation of testing techniques and data reporting.
- Interpret data and support the team technically.
- Support and/or lead any special projects as assigned.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- BS in related discipline with 6 years professional experience OR
- Associated Degree with 8 years professional experience and 3 years exempt-level experience OR
- HS Diploma with 10 years professional experience and 5 years exempt-level experience OR
- Minimum 8 years professional experience with 2 years FLS experience
- Experience in Power Plant Operations, maintenance or field operations
- Effective skills in strategic planning, organizing and resource management/utilization
- Strong oral communication and negotiating skills. ; Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization
- Excellent business skills in the areas of project management, budget development and management, work planning and scheduling and problem solving/analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience as a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple issues/projects with conflicting priorities
- Ability to travel to various locations
- Proficient computer skills.
- MS or MBA
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster