RDD Engineer (Artificial Lift) - Claremore, OK
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
The position will be working within the Calibration and Tooling Team providing software programing and support for product qualification test systems worldwide.
• Programing and maintaining proprietary software for product qualification testing (Factory Acceptance Testing - FAT) and R&D testing software.
• Singly or in support of others provide writing, modifying and maintaining software programs used within the artificial lift business. Provide bug verification, release testing and support.
• Participates in all aspects of the software development process including design, analysis, preparation, coding, documentation and testing
• Support test sites with remote operational support, data base support, and maintenance of data bases maintaining test records.
• On site test system support as needed.
• Contributes to the strategic direction of artificial lift technical software.
• Provide support to other team members and handles special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Technical Diploma program, with experience in software development with VB.NET programming.
• Experience designing and maintaining automated test systems hardware and software
• Multi instrument data feed integration into test system software to arrive at a test result.
• Ability to integrate vendor data acquisition software signal sources into proprietary software.
• Optimization of test systems calibration integrated within the test system software
• Experience and competency in Microsoft .NET framework, VBA, C, & C .
• 3 years' experience with developing software for controlling and data acquisition of industrial equipment testing bench/loop.
• 3 years' experience in hardware design and support for testing bench/loop.
• 3 years' experience with Labview related software development, Modbus drive development for various data acquisition hardware, relational database development (MS SQL, MySQL, MS Access), and VBA programming experience
• Good communication skills verbally along with technical writing and documentation experience
• Ability to work in small teams as well as independently.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Working knowledge of fluid flow characteristics, pump operation, and electric motor operation.
• AutoCad or SolidWorks design software
• High Voltage systems
• Prior Test System experience
• Experience in data mining, data analytics on equipment testing dataset, statistical analysis on equipment testing data set
• Software migration and testing experience is an asset.
• Technical publications/formal writing experience is an asset.
• Must be authorized to work in United States, for any employer, without sponsorship.
• No relocation is available for this position, only local applicants are being considered.
• There will be approximately 10% overnight travel
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.