Repair & Maintenance Mechanic - San Antonio, TX
San Antonio, TX
Full time regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes is looking to hire a Repair & Maintenance Mechanic San Antonio, TX location. The position will work on refurbishing the trucks and Baker Hughes equipment that come into the shop. Repair and perform maintenance on all the Baker Hughes Equipment that comes into the San Antonio, TX shop.
The Diesel Mechanic will perform maintenance on assigned trucks, and related surface cabin equipment in accordance with operating specifications at the shop or in the field. Routinely welds, paints and refurbishes equipment. Conduct mechanical inspections. Use moderately complex diagnostic equipment for troubleshooting malfunctions. Review procedures for assembly, disassembly, and test verification accuracy. Configure test stations and systems. Analyze and interpret data from environmental tests and troubleshoot equipment problems. Use analytical ability to find solutions to difficult technical problems. Maintains records and scheduled maintenance of equipment. Maintain equipment records and filing systems as part of quality control and assurance programs. Inspect and disposition parts and equipment. Ensure compliance with HS&E policies and procedures. Handle special projects, as assigned.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Maintains assigned trucks and related surface cabin equipment in accordance with operating specifications.
- Routinely welds, paints and refurbishes equipment.
- Conducts mechanical inspections.
- May use moderately complex diagnostic equipment.
- Reviews procedures for assembling, disassembling, and test verification accuracy.
- Configures test stations and systems.
- Analyzes and interprets data from environmental tests and troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Utilizes analytical ability to find solutions to difficult technical problems.
- Maintains records and schedules maintenance of equipment.
- Performs inspection and disposition of parts and equipment.
- Maintains compliance with HS&E policies and procedures.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Technical diploma or 3 years maintenance related experience in electro-mechanical function or minimum 3 years relevant industrial experience (airline, military, oilfield, automotive, electronic).
- Must have own tools.
- Basic computer skills for navigating internet and checking email
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints and parts lists and follow formal procedures and
- Class A CDL.
- Expertise on hydraulic circuits and ability to troubleshoot faults.
- Experience with repairing Cummins and Detroit engines.
- Is an on call position morning or evening (24/7)
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.