Equipment Operator (STIM) - Odessa, TX
ABOUT THIS JOB
Equipment Operators (STIM) will be responsible for spotting equipment and rigging up to well head once on location. Put pipe together (multiple sections depending on well head depth). Set up and monitor pumping jobs which could be in multiple stages, so suitable equipment must be selected by the Field Operator/Equipment Operator. Once pumping begins you will be working on a schedule which would mean the operator may pump for 1 - 2 hours and not again for a couple of hours. During down time the Equipment Operator will assist in other areas such as, but not limited to, maintenance or rest until time for pumping to continue.
- Drives truck equipped with acid pumps, mixers and related equipment to well site.
- Participates in rigging up and down, connecting hoses and high pressure iron to equipment.
- Maintains all required log books and inspection reports.
- Unloads and assembles pipes and pumping equipment, using hand tools.
- Completes pre and post trip inspections plus fuels and services the units.
- Maintain s assigned equipment, performs daily inspections to ensure compliance with operational and safety requirements.
- Report s all operational deficiencies to supervisor and maintenance personnel.
- Proficiently performs equipment inspection and maintenance as requested and completes paperwork.
- Follow s proper rigging up/down and operate s equipment in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Practice s safe driving procedures when traveling to and from locations.
- Complete all web based training.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of experience with carrying out routine oral and written instructions that required safely operating, maintaining and performing minor repairs on equipment (replacing hoses, minor mechanic type work on pumps, fittings, etc).
- Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) with Hazmat Endorsements (or must obtain HAZMAT endorsement within 30 days if hired).
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry various tools, parts and equipment used throughout the work day.
- Willingness to work long hours, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work in physically demanding role and long hours.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- General knowledge of oil and gas industry.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Previous stimulation experience as an Equipment Operator/Field Operator.
- Typical shift (subject to change at any time): 15 days on, 6 off which include extensive hours at a time, days or nights.
- On call 24/7.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.