Principal/ Senior Quantity Surveyor
Principal/ Senior Quantity Surveyor – Peterborough/ London
Key Skills: Infrastructure, Construction, Aviation, Maritime, Energy, Transportation
Location: Peterborough OR London
Salary / Package: £55,000 depending on location and experience + Car allowance, Company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy.
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget
Interviews: Can be held at a time to suit within 1-3 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: James O'Reilly
Key Words: NEC, QS, Quantity Surveyor, Construction, MRICS
The Position & Experience Required
Our partner is an independent, international, engineering and project management consultancy with over 130 years of experience. Their professionals deliver services in the fields of aviation, buildings, energy, industry, infrastructure, maritime, mining, transport, urban and rural planning, and water.
They have up to 7,000 staff globally, working for public and private clients in more than 130 countries to deliver the engineering and environmental solutions they need to help them achieve their ambitions, while responding to some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
We are looking for a Principal Quantity Surveyor to join our Quantity Surveying team based in either Peterborough or London. You will be required to provide the full range of professional quantity surveyors skills at all stages in the life of a project. You will provide advice on contractual problems at any stage during the life of a project and will actively promote and seek work both internally within the firm and externally by contract with outside clients.
- Preparation of tender documents for the above forms of contract in both the private and public sector
- Working on feasibility studies
- Preparation and review of bills of quantities / price schedules and overseeing teams undertaking the same
- Familiarity with EU / World Bank /MDB Procurement Rules
- Advice on procurement strategies and contract selection – NEC / FIDIC / ICE and other standard forms of contract
- Project estimates – ranging from conceptual to pre-tender
- Tender evaluations
- Post-contract administration
- Work overseas (non UK) for both short and extended periods
- Claims settlement
- Contribute to project reviews
- Hold a Degree level qualification preferably recognised by RICS
- Substantial relevant experience gained in a professional practice or consultancy
- Hold RICS Chartered status
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager James O'Reilly.