Principal / Senior Structural Engineers – Rail – Bristol/ Cardiff
Principal / Senior Structural Engineers - Rail - Cardiff/ Bristol
Key Skills: Infrastructure, Rail, Structures, Bridges, Platforms
Location: Cardiff OR Bristol
Salary / Package: f55,000 depending on experience + great pension, company bonus, income protection, medical and dental care, life insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible benefits scheme.
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget
Interviews: Can be held at a time to suit within 1-3 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Danny Olufunwa
Key Words: Structural Engineer, Civil Engineer, Stations, Platforms, Bridges, Electrification
The Position & Experience Required
Our partner is a leader in design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services that work in partnership with leading global organisations to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets.
My partners rail team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK's most high profile, complex and stimulating projects to complement their existing portfolio of works and looking to build the team in the South West and Cardiff. As part of this growth plan, we currently have opportunities for talented Senior and Principal Structural Engineers to join the team in Cardiff or Bristol. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and successful team that is growing rapidly. Successful candidates will be rewarded with a rich diet of interesting and challenging rail projects, and an opportunity to develop their careers with a growing and successful global engineering consultancy.
You will be reporting to the Technical Director, you will provide technical support into a variety of projects within the rail environment. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of company services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and to build networks within the industry.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry recognized Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline
- Strong structural design experience within rail with structures such as platforms, stations and bridges to name but a few
- Considerable post-graduate experience in the rail industry, including supervising aspects of a project of significant scale
- Experience of working on projects in a professional services environment
- The ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner with good understanding of commercial aspects of a project
- A passion for engineering excellence, and a desire to embrace new and innovative thinking
- Good motivation, influencing, people management and delegation skills
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrable presentation skills
- Chartered Engineer status
- Flexibility to travel throughout the UK and abroad when required
APPLY NOW OR REFER SOMEONE SUITABLE FOR THE POSITION! APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION WILL CLOSE IN 2 WEEKS!!!