Software Developer Embedded Systems – m/f
Software Developer Embedded Systems - m/f
Full Time Regular (local)
About this job
As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
The Drilling Services group is looking for a Software Developer Embedded Systems to join our team.You are responsible for the development of embedded software for our downhole systems. You will be working in multidisciplinary project teams on concepts and specifications for our challenging components and tools.
This will be a unique opportunity to join a cross discipline team working with state of the art technologies in the energy industry. Our projects are executed in collaboration with academia, government, and corporate partners.
The opportunity affords career growth and mentoring through a well-established training and development program. Our positions offer choices ensuring stability, flexibility, and mobility-both career and geographic.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
- Communication protocols and bus systems (e.g. CAN, Ethernet).
- Measurement systems and digital signal processing.
- Control of actuators and design of closed loop control systems.
- Development of driver software to connect external hardware to a microcontroller / DSP.
- Depending on the project there will be opportunities to participate in the development of the electronic hardware or programmable hardware (e.g. FPGA).
- Testing and documentation from the concept of the project to commercial status.
- Above-average university degree in electrical engineering / computer science or comparable (FH, University, TU).
- Programming in the programming language C.
- Experiences in methods and tools for software analysis and design (OO/UML).
- Understanding of software architecture.
- Proficient in test methods, procedures and tools.
- Understanding of Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS).
- Practical experiences with version control mechanism and tools.
- Self-contained, self-motivated and structured to work within a worldwide functioning interdisciplinary team.
- Good written and verbal English skills, due to working in an international working environment and strong interest in working with other cultures.
- Practical experience in the above mentioned area of expertise gathered during internships, thesis and/or professional experience.
- Experiences in the area of low-level microcontroller / DSP programming in C or assembly.
- Knowledge in hardware design, usage of laboratory and measurement equipment.
- Digital signal processing or measurement and close loop control systems with practical usage of Matlab/SIMULINK.
- Experience of software modelling with UML tools.
- Demonstrated strong ability to develop within a technical mentoring environment as well as to work independently.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.