Field Engineer (Pressure Pumping – STIM) in San Antonio, TX
San Antonio, TX
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Field Engineer (Pressure Pumping - STIM) in San Antonio, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
Most days a Field Engineer will be out in the field on well sites. The time of arrival varies throughout the night and day. On location the engineer is responsible for overseeing and assisting the Fluid Technician in his QC efforts prior to the treatment. He is also responsible for providing technical support to the Treatment Monitoring Van operator. During the treatment he is responsible for variance in materials utilized. In addition, he is to interact with the customer on location to both provide and obtain technical information. After the conclusion of the treatment he is to provide the customer with a detailed post job report.
If working at the yard, the Field Engineer will write proposals for current or potential clients', answer questions by phone or email presented by the customer or operations and train or mentor technical staff. He will also assist the sales team on sales calls with current and potential clients. The Field Engineer will also assist the laboratory staff in pre-job testing. These days in the yard will exceed what are considered normal business hours.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Under broad direction determines and develops resolution to an assortment of problems encountered at the rig or well site of moderately complex scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Supervises the training of less experienced engineers and personnel.
- Performs additional duties within the district.
- Works with customer representative and production crew on location to coordinate operations with the well site.
- Provides record of all products as consumed or run in the well to the customer representative at the rig/well site.
- Advises customer representative in the stimulation services operations, analysis and decision-making processes.
- Assists in supervising on the fluid side of a location during stimulation services.
- Oversees the maintenance of Fluid Technician Lab Vans and Treatment Monitoring Vans.
- Oversees calibration of all testing equipment.
- Maintains records as required by the District Manager.
- Promotes and maintains good customer relations.
- Performs all required responsibilities safely and as prescribed in the standard operations manuals.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes Health and Safety Environmental policies, legal compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- Bachelor Degree with an Engineering emphasis (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical etc.).
- 2 years of experience as a Field Engineer.
- 2 working on a multiple staging fracturing treatments.
- 2 years working with horizontal wells.
- 2 years of experience using the Microsoft Office Package (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT).
- 2 year of experience in a role that required communicating with internal and external candidates in a written and verbal professional manner.
- Must be willing to work extensive hours in the field.
- Stable work history.
- Experience using FRAC Design, Cementing and Job Monitoring Software.
- Has published Engineering articles.
- Teaching or Research Engineering background.
- Shift (SUBJECT TO CHANGE): 7/2, 7/2, 7/3 Days or night dependent upon the customer needs.
- On call 24/7 during rotation
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.