Performs routine testing of phosphate minerals, maintenance and calibration of analytical instruments, prepares standard and sample solutions, and maintains appropriate records.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policy and procedures.
- Conducts acid digest (weigh sample add reagents)
- Conducts quality analyses and participate in routine maintenance and calibration of analytical equipment (pH meter, ICP, XRF, Spectrometer, etc)
- Prepares standard and sample solutions as required by the test methods.
- Operates general analytical instruments during routine testing (ICP, XRF, Spectrometer automatic titrator)
- Performs wet Chemistry test (LOD, pH, titration, etc)
- Performs analysis on intermediate and finished products.
- Maintains appropriate documentation (records and lab notebooks) as required by SOPs.
- Complies with all Laboratory Practices and safety requirements, laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and company policy and procedures.
- Complies with good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Participates in troubleshooting of analytical test methods and laboratory instruments.
- May perform peer review of other chemist's work
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- 0-2+ years' experience in Sciences required
- BS or MS degree in Chemistry or related science required
- Computer literacy in software typical of discipline is preferred
- Familiarity of scientific methods for collecting and analyzing scientific data preferred
- Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting.
- Lifting requirements limited to 30 lbs. in the form of samples, supplies, etc.
- Longest distance carried is approximately 50 feet.
- Hand manipulation is required for operating computer and scientific equipment, simple grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Right and/or left hand utilized.
- Occasional need for reaching and/or work above the shoulders for supplies, as well as below the shoulders for same.
• Must be alert to equipment in the laboratories and pilot plant, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, climb stairs, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature and/or humidity.
- Must be willing and able to travel to other locations such as client sites of operation, including possession of a valid license to independently operate a vehicle in the state of Florida.
- Computer experience with at least intermediate skills in MS Excel and ability to create basic documents in MS Word.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.