Senior Environmental Consultant - Birmingham
CH2M is a global leader in consulting, design and programme management. We love to tackle complex challenges, and we know that our best solutions come out of close, trusted partnerships with our clients and the communities we touch.
As part of a UK wide environment team a position is available for a Senior Environmental Consultant to join our team in Birmingham. The position will involve coordinating environmental inputs to large infrastructure projects which could be at any phase of delivery including options appraisal, design, construction or operational.
The job purpose is to work with experienced specialists to consider a wide range of environmental topics including air quality, noise, ecology, water quality, soil and geology, carbon and sustainability. This is an opportunity for an ambitious candidate to work on some of the UK's largest road and rail infrastructure projects helping to ensure that environmental issues are robustly addressed.
• Co-ordinate team of environmental specialists to provide input to large infrastructure project
• Be a point of contact for the wider project team and work with them to achieve the best outcomes
• Apply specialist environmental knowledge to develop solutions for clients
• Data collation, interpretation and analysis
• Co-ordinate site visits and environmental surveys
• Careful management of time, budgets and prioritisation of tasks
• Write and review environmental reports including statutory Environmental Statements
• Attend meetings on behalf of the project
• Prepare budgets and fee estimates for additional environmental tasks
• Work with and manage sub-consultants
• Help mentor and develop junior members of the team
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Relevant undergraduate degree essential, relevant post graduate studies preferred
• Full membership or working towards full membership of IEMA or equivalent
• Experience of applying environmental knowledge in a consulting environment
• Experience of coordinating and managing technical inputs for EIAs and environmental assessments
• Good knowledge and understanding of environmental and sustainability issues related to the infrastructure sector
• Experience of applying GRIP and/or DMRB guidance
• Able to apply problem-solving approaches such as GAP analysis to derive client solutions
• Be able to monitor and manage spend of self and others against budget
• Take responsibility for delivering packages of work and/or small projects
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• Eligibility to work in the UK
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. We're full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner 'Engineers without Borders', 'Water for People' and 'Bridges to Prosperity'. We're STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own women's engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
Job Location CH2M, BirminghamBirmingham, GB
View on Google maps