Quantity Surveyor – Government and Municipals
Quantity Surveyor - Government & Municipals
Key Skills: Quantity Surveyor, Public Sector, Government,
Location: Manchester/ Leeds
Salary / Package: f35-f50k
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget
Interviews: Can be held at a time to suit within 1-3 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: James O'Reilly
Key Words: Quantity Surveyor, Public Sector, Government,
The position & experience required
We are the leading consultant in Residential, Commercial, Retail, Education, Health, Government and Automotive sectors. We are seeking to locate a career minded Quantity Surveyor to support our Government & Municipals sector. The team's work extends from asset planning - defining the business/investment case, setting up the governance structure for delivery, managing design - through to asset delivery - taking schemes out to market, advising on procurement and managing delivery.
Overview of Role:
You will be responsible for supporting managers in achieving service excellence and positive outcomes for our clients; showing high levels of technical capability, sound commercial knowledge and a good understanding of the key drivers or cost and value; capturing and sharing knowledge and driving innovation in service. Successful candidates will be presented with a great opportunity for career progression whilst at the same time being exposed to cross sector experience.
Join the team and you will work alongside professionals from a mix of backgrounds, including design, architecture, town planning and construction, all committed to delivering for clients. You will be given roles that let your play to your strengths and will get the support you need to flourish professionally
- Provide support to Team Leaders, Service Leaders and Senior Cost Consultants in the delivery of residential led developments; carry day-to-day delivery responsibility and demonstrate the ability to take on tasks with minimal supervision.
- Assist in the coaching and development of subordinate team members in the delivery of service excellence.
- Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Utilise and embed best practice tools and processes including the use of technology to support delivery.
- Be able to interpret a brief from a client or senior manager and convert same into a delivery plan.
- Demonstrate the ability to take ownership of small / medium sized projects or significant components of larger Cost Management assignments.
- Understand and comply with business risk and project delivery parameters including compliance in respect scopes of service agreed by others.
- Capture and share knowledge and be involved with the development of service improvement and innovation.
- Be a strong team player but demonstrate the ability to take a leadership role as part of persona development planning.
What You have to Offer:
- Expertise in administering high value, multi-disciplinary construction project work packages / contracts utilising forms of contract such as the NEC3 suite.
- Demonstrable track record in managing complex, high value and varied contracts from a quantity surveying perspective.
- Degree qualified in quantity surveying or other relevant business discipline.
- Professional qualification and/or membership of the RICS or other relevant Chartered Institute would be an additional advantage.
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of Senior Management and Stakeholders
- Expert analytical skills to make informed, balanced business decisions and reporting findings back to Clients and Internal Stakeholders.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not 'tick all the boxes', but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager James O'Reilly.