Intermediate Software Developer - Alberta, Canada
6620 - 36 th Street S.E., Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for an Intermediate Software Developer based at our 6620-36St, Calgary, AB location. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
- Participates in all aspects of the software development process including design, analysis, preparation, coding, documentation and testing
- Ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment
- Interface with end users
- Participate in code reviews
- Support ISO 9001 Processes as required
- Assists in writing, modifying and maintaining software programs used within the pipeline inspection business
- Provide bug verification, release testing and support
- Provide support to other team members and handles special projects as assigned
- Participate in agile day to day activities.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related Diploma program with experience
- 4 plus years' Experience with C programing
- Experience with Agile Software Development practices
- Experience with .NET Framework.
- QT Windows development experience would be considered an asset
- Borland C Builder experience is an asset
- Good communication skills verbally along with technical writing and documentation experience
- Experience in PHP is an asset
- Experience in working with SQL and MySQL is an asset.
- Experience in working with SVN repository is an asset.
- Ability to work in small teams as well as independently
For over 25 years the Baker Hughes Pipeline Inspections services have provided our customers with superior technology to manage their pipeline integrity. This position offers one the opportunity for an exciting career working with these high tech tools with a globally recognized company.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.