Account Manager (Upstream Chemicals) - Fort St. John, BC
Fort St. John, BC
Full time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Canada has an opening for an Account Manager - Upstream Chemicals in Fort St. John, BC. As a leader in the oilfield industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively can create value for our customers and our shareholders.
- The Account Manager for Baker Hughes Upstream Chemicals is the focal point of communication between the organization and the needs of our customers
- The position is field based working in and outdoors
- Identify issue and gather data from customers
- Obtain samples, prepare samples and complete proper requests forms
- Interpret lab analysis results prior to sending them to the customers
- Complete Technical Service Requests (TSR) when technical support help is required and submit to Field Manager for approval
- Gathering the necessary data and helping the technical support personnel solve the problem in a way that is desirable to the customer
- Write basic recommendations (where possible) and send to the Field Manager for Review
- Review recommendations from Tech Group to ensure accuracy and distribute to the customers and internal contacts
- Identify product gaps and communicate them to the Field Manager
- Ensure customer key performance indicators are met
- Effectively manage bulk, tote chemical deliveries and inventories
- Maintain a positive rapport with client
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes' HSE policies, legal compliance requirements and core values
- Must have strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Minimum of High School Diploma
- Chemical knowledge and technical aptitude.
- 1-3 Years of Oilfield experience is desirable
- Effective time management and organization skills are essential to the success of this position.
- Computer competency with proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Positive attitude
- Must have people skills and work well within a team environment
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.