Purchasing Supervisor - Houston, TX
Oates Road, Houston, US
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Purchasing Supervisor in Oates Rd, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders. Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an immediate opening for a Purchasing Supervisor in our Pipeline Services group located at our Oates Rd, Houston, TX location. This position requires an experienced, aggressive and innovative Purchasing Supervisor that knows how to be on the winning side of negotiation. We are looking for management of the SAP process of procurement, from requisition, all the way to invoice payment and inventory relief. You will obtain quotes from suppliers and process purchase orders in SAP.
- Help maintain approved suppliers list
- Obtain quotes for supplies
- Place orders via SAP
- Supply PO's to suppliers
- Match Invoices from Suppliers to Goods received
- Process invoices from suppliers for payment
- Lead End to End sourcing operations to meet business demand
- Execute Sourcing Plan for items to achieve long term success
- Develop and execute negotiation strategies to secure cost advantage in the market.
- Expand supplier relationships to ensure high service levels with competitive pricing
- Negotiates pricing, terms and conditions for agreements with suppliers.
- Monitors BHI and supplier compliance and performance against established contracts and processes.
- Maintains thorough industry and commodity knowledge.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Experience of Purchasing in an Oil Field Services environment
- 5 years' experience in sourcing/procurement for direct and indirect spend.
- Experience in the oilfield services.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office systems.
- SAP knowledge and experience.
- Strong negotiation and contract skills and strong alliance management skills.
- Must be able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent ability to communicate with internal customers and suppliers.
- Thorough knowledge of Master Supply Agreement (MSA) content and structure, Including, but not limited to, legal terms and conditions, transportation INCO terms, payment terms, SOX compliance, and, import and export.
- Experience with BHI Systems
- Experience with BHI SAP
Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.