Equipment Operator - Tubular Services
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Equipment Operator - Tubular Services
Full Time Regular
About this job
This is an operator role and ideal candidates will have some mechanical or electrical maintenance experience in tubular services.
Key Responsibility /Accountabilities
- Ensures that supplied equipment is compatible with all other equipment used for the job.
- Conducts pre-mobilization equipment checks, pre-job, post job checks as required, keep worksite clean and tidy.
- Ensures full awareness of and compliance with, the requirements of all relevant Company/ customer HSE Handbooks, HSE procedures and emergency procedures.
- Start, run and maintain all types of power units.
- Aid with pre-job equipment function checks, including running up power tongs and units.
- Connect hydraulic hoses from power units to power tongs and any other basic pieces of BHI hydraulic equipment to be used.
- Check and/or adjust power tongs and associated accessories for correct operation.
- Safely operate all types of power tongs from 3½" - 20".
- To communicate with the stabber.
- To be able to operate stabbing board and control joints of tubing and casing.
- To operate all types of elevators from the stabbing board.
- To communicate with the tong operator and driller.
- To aid with tubular maintenance and thread inspection services.
- Any other duties or functions as directed by Supervisor.
- Responsible for maintaining and operating Tubular Services equipment.
- 2 years diploma or higher
- English language skills above average (written and speaking)
- 7-9 years' experience in tubular services
- Stabber experience is a must
- Single and integrated backup tong experience is a must
- CRTi experience is preferred (at least 3 years)
- Experience in fill-up and circulation tool (at least 2 years)
- Experience in torque - turn monitoring unit operations (at least 2 years)
- Experience in air operated handling tools (FMS, Varco slips, elevators)
- Knowledge of trouble shooting diesel / electrical power units and power tongs
- Crew leader experience (at least 2 years)
- Competent in using Microsoft office, especially excel and word
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 39,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history, visit our website.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, national origin, ethnic origin, color, disability status, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local law.
If you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran status, religion, sexual orientation or any other protection guaranteed by local lawran and would like any type of assistance to submit an application or to attend any recruitment or selection event, we would like to help you to ensure that your experience is as smooth as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at Baker Hughes Application Assistance Toll Free at 1-866-324-4562.This method of contact has been put in place ONLY to be used by those internal and external applicants who have a disability and are requesting accommodation.
For all other inquiries on your application, log in to your profile and click on the My Jobpage tab. General application status inquiries will not be handled by the call center.