Senior Field Engineer - Completions
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise installation of complex completions and/or service tools in the field.
- Verifies all necessary equipment and supplies are shipped to and arrive at wellsite in proper working condition.
- Validate JSA (Job Safety Analysis) for wellsite operations.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge oilfield math calculations including volumes, pressures, forces, and basic hydraulics.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of field operations including but not limited to completions, remedial workovers, cementation and stimulation operations.
- Possess knowledge of working on different types of rigs including drilling and workover rigs.
- Review and validate job reports to ensure accuracy, utilizing the relevant OPMS (Operations Management System) documents and WPTS (Weatherford Performance Tracking System).
- Skilled in locating relevant supporting documentation (e.g. Tech Units, Running Procedures) for performing well installations including SharePoint and the Weatherford Intranet.
- Review/validate advanced tubing movement, torque and drag, and hydraulics calculations using respective software as required for job planning/support.
- Perform/validate burst/collapse calculations on equipment/materials.
- Generate/modify equipment drawings for urgent operational needs.
- Provide recommendations to improve operations process and procedures. Assist in corrective and preventive actions (CPAR's/OFI's) as related to workshop performance improvements.
- Participate and lead CAT (Corrective Action Teams) teams to implement corrective/preventive actions.
- Able to coach and mentor team members.
- Participate in selection and interview process for relevant field engineer/specialist candidates.
- Complete training plan as set out in the position within company guidelines.
- Available on a 24 hours call basis to respond to customer needs.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- 20 years related field experience.
- Field Engineer - 4 year engineering degree from accredited university and ability to demonstrate level 2 field competency
- Field Specialist - Technical certificate from accredited technical school/ High school degree (or equivalent) with minimum of two years experience in operations relevant to product and ability to demonstrate level 2 field competency
- Mechanical ability necessary to perform repairs
- Being qualified for Aramco complicated completion application such as MFIV completion which we tested already and will start operation late Q4.
- Trial test for Aramco gas completion is due soon.
- Aramco strictly request for high experience field engineers (20+ years) to run both above applications due to the criticality of gas wells and MFIV offshore operations.