Project Engineering Manager
- Oversees the project engineering activity (all disciplines) on a large cap project, or designated portions of a project for a global business unit.
- Plans and directs project engineering assignments on the project
Demonstrates superior knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines with ability to plan, organize and direct a large (90+ person) multi-discipline engineering and design team
- Have technical responsibilities for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating these assignments
May exercise operational supervision over other project engineers when in a designated lead position
- R esponsible for all Project Management related dut ie s; project safety, scope of work, schedule, cost estimate, cost reports, project staffing, project team performance, construction, invoicing and quality plan
- BS in an Engineering field with a minimum of 11 years experience as a Project Engineer Manager (or equivalent) performing various engineering functions with an emphasis on heavy industrial facilities.
- Incumbent should have experience including direction of design and coordinating with other disciplines, project controls and procurement
- Refining is the desired experience however a plus is petrochemical or oil and gas design experience . Estimating experience required
- EIT or PE Certificate of Registration (preferred)
- Familiar with Engineering codes and standards
- Intermediate level knowledge of computer applications and other engineering tools
- Is current on new scientific engineering methods and possesses a broad technical knowledge of the detailed design engineering process
- Requires basic knowledge of administrative practices and company standards
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of industry standards and design criteria within the engineering industry
- Strong knowledge of HSE procedures and practices
- Proficient technical ability and awareness
- Proficient knowledge of project engineering processes and procedures
- Proficient execution planning skills
- Strong in organizing and managing complex engineering activities.
- Working knowledge of project control systems
- Working knowledge of the EPC business and estimating processes
- Knowledge of proposals and bid processes
- Good communication skills
Must have excellent client skills and a general knowledge of most all project technical activities.
- Ability to motivate staff to obtain optimum performance
- Clear understanding of contracts
- Focuses on change management