Project Manager - Education (1052867)
Project Manager - Education
Key Skills: Project Management, Public Sector, Commercial, Contract, Design
Salary / Package: £35-70k
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget
Interviews: Can be held at a time to suit within 1-3 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: James O'Reilly
The position & experience required
We are successfully collaborating with Cambridge University and delivering Project and Cost Management Services in connection with their new 3,000m2 Clinical Research Centre on the Addenbrooke’s Hospital site, as well as providing Project Management services for Project Capella, which is a new £95m biomedical research laboratory on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus.
The University has published an ambitious ten year capital programme, which includes the development of a new West Cambridge Research Campus that will enhance the University’s reputation as a world leader in research, development and teaching.
Our clear focus on delivering exceptional outcomes for our clients means that you can be confident of making an important and positive contribution to the development of the national social infrastructure.
The role offers real tangible growth for progression for the right candidate and the opportunity to make an impact on a growing sector within our business. The successful candidates will be responsible for achieving service excellence and positive outcomes for our clients; showing high levels of technical capability, sound commercial knowledge and a good understanding of the key drivers or cost and value; capturing and sharing knowledge and driving innovation in service. You will have a great opportunity for career progression whilst at the same time being exposed to cross sector experience.
- Manage design teams in the development of design solutions
- Undertake contact administration
- Development of project documentation, programmes, master budget etc
- Maintain a robust document management system
- Produce reports to suit relevant stages of the projects
- Comply with governance
- Deliver projects with the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations agreed at the business case/client brief stage, while maintaining focus on time, cost and quality.
- Monitor and report on the contractors progress against the contract programme
- Manage consultant teams to ensure that the contractor’s design is carried out in compliance with the contract
What You have to Offer:
- You will have experience of taking a substantial role in delivery of medium to large projects (£10m to £100m+) in the Higher Education / Further Education Sectors, with a particular focus on laboratory or research facilities
- Excellent project delivery skills
- Flexibility to travel around London, East Anglia and the Home Counties
- Sound knowledge and insight of construction industry technical matters, such as the different procurement routes and contract forms
- Demonstrate experience of stakeholder influence and management
- Experience of managing the financial aspects of a project
- Technical understanding of project elements, land, leases, construction, pre-contract and post contract matters.
- Professional qualification of appropriate level
- Ability to lead/work in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to articulate current issues specific to the market
- High quality oral and written communications (reports, instructions etc.)
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager James O'Reilly.