Key Skills: Building Surveying, construction
Salary / Package: £30K-£35K + benefits
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget
Interviews: Can be held at a time to suit within 1-3 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: James Boneham
Key Words: Infrastructure, construction, building surveying, local government, health
We are a leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services
The position & experience required
You will be focused on excellence in service delivery and client satisfaction, liaising closely with Partners, Team Leaders and colleagues. This will include the development and care of client relationships and providing a premier service to win new and repeat business. The role offers the opportunity to make a real impact on a growing service offering within our business and you will be presented with a great opportunity for career progression, whilst at the same time being exposed to cross-sector experience.
You will be responsible for undertaking a wide range of Technical Due Diligence Services including Pre-Acquisition Surveys, Vendor Surveys, Project Monitoring Services, Condition Surveys and Initial Due Diligence reporting. There will also be an expectation to get involved and assist with other Building Surveying services such as Dilapidations, Project Management, Contract Administration, Fire Risk Assessments, DDA audits and Party Wall commissions.
Your day-to day responsibilities:
- Provide sound and reasoned technical and professional advice to clients or internal stakeholders relating to the Building Surveying scope of services, which will include:
- Design and specification
- Contract administration
- Party wall matters
- Historic building conservation
- Technical due diligence (TDD) and surveys, including for pre-acquisition, stock condition, validation and building defect/pathology purposes
- Take responsibility for the delivery of projects (generally ranging from £100K - £2M) and professional assignments and/or support the senior colleagues in the delivery of larger projects / assignments.
- Assist with the development of Building Surveying services, responding to market opportunities.
What you have to offer:
- MRICS qualified or at final stage of APC assessment.
- Good communication skills with a pro-active approach and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Have detailed and thorough knowledge of both traditional and modern building construction technology and techniques.
- Team player and capable of influencing others to achieve necessary output.
- A strong track record as a professional Building Surveyor, showing the desire for a progressive career structure.
- Experience of property refurbishment and maintenance.
- Experience of controlling quality on projects.
- Experience of leading challenging projects.
- Experience in ‘professional’ Building Surveying work streams, e.g. dilapidations, party wall consultancy, TDD, surveys etc.
- An energetic and motivated professional with natural drive, innovation and flair.
- A tenacious individual who asks questions, listens to answers, defines problems and implements change.
- A broad thinker and problem solver who can take a commercial view of property and asset management.
- An ambition to drive the business forward and an interest to develop both new and existing services.
- An ability to develop business through building strong working relationships, internally and externally.
- Commercially aware and financially astute individual.
- A clear thinking person demonstrating attention to detail who is well organised and can operate independently under a broad direction.
- An individual who can develop and maintain good relationships and gain the confidence of other professionals.
- A desire to help, support and develop others.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager James Boneham.